Time and Money Saving Moving Tips
- Before you pack, sort through your belongings. Sell, donate, or throw away anything you don't need. Why pay to move unwanted items?
- A uniformity in box size helps with speedier moving, because it is easier to fit the boxes together in the truck. We offer a wide variety of moving boxes, that are specially designed for packing household goods.
- Pack room by room and label each box with the room in which it belongs. This allows the movers to quickly unpack the truck, which saves you money.
- List the contents of each box, either on the box itself, or on paper that you bring to the new location. This will save time for you later when you unpack, or if you need a specific item before you unpack.
- Make sure your packing is done before the movers arrive, so we can get right to work. We offer packing services if you need help — call us at 303-665-6683 to arrange this service in advance.
- Do not overload large boxes! Books should be removed from bookcases and packed in book boxes. If a box is too heavy, it might need to be re-packed, costing you money.
- Use bedding, towels and pillows as free packing material to cushion fragile items inside boxes.
- Think about your new decor and furniture arrangement before the move. Decide in advance where your items should be placed in the new location, especially large furniture pieces like couches. Moving furniture multiple times can increase the duration, and thus the cost, of your move.
- Provide good directions and be at the location on time. This allows us to be prompt and get right to work, saving you money.
Resources for your move
Prepare for your move, and save money!
Here are a few steps you may wish to take to make your move easier and save you money.
Get rid of any unwanted items
Why pay to move things you don’t want anymore? Here are the names and phone numbers of some local charity organizations that accept donations. Most of them will pick up your donated items for free:
Boulder Hospice Thrift Store: 303-604-5353
Salvation Army: 1-800-728-7825
Disabled American Veterans: 1-888-584-5700
Emergency Family Assist. Assn.: 303-951-7672
Habitat for Humanity: 303-404-2008
Goodwill Stores: 303-494-5145
Clutter consignment store: 303-386-3423
Quality moving at affordable prices! Call 303-665-6683 now or contact The Moving Connection to arrange a free onsite estimate!
The Moving Connection
1930 Central Ave.
Boulder, CO 80301
© 2016 The Moving Connection
BBB accredited business since 1994
BBB Gold Star Award Winner – A+ rating!
HHG # 00101
* Not affiliated with nor associated with any other Moving Connection in the USA.